Buying a New Home
Thinking of buying a new build property?
With the need for housing at unprecedented levels, homebuilders are investing hugely in the quality of their new homes, and the standard of home building in the UK has never been higher, particularly in the South of England.
At Homes Partnership, we aim to work with the best housebuilders and developers, whom strive to deliver fantastic homes and fantastic customer service for their buyers and improve our local community.
We often get asked “what are the main reasons why we should buy a new build property?” and therefore we have compiled our top 5 reasons to buy brand new, below:
Our Top 5 Reasons...
- Chain Free! – With a motivated buyer the transaction can be pushed through extremely fast if required.
- Energy Efficiency – Lower bills to help reduce your cost of living due to higher standards of energy preservation and lower consumption levels.
- Schemes & Incentives – Housebuilders are always on the lookout for good buyers and will often offer incentives to help fund deposit levels and upgrade the specification of the property.
- Personalisation– Get in early enough and you can often work with the housebuilder to ensure the home is completed to your choice of final fixture and fittings.
- Peace of Mind – All new homes will come with a 10 year warranty to give the buyers piece of mind that if things go wrong, the builder will put them right.
Help to Buy
What is Help to Buy? – With Help to Buy, you could buy a brand-new home sooner than you think! Until 2023 new build homes up to the value of £437,600 (in the South East) can be bought on the current scheme.
- You only need a 5% deposit.
- The Government lends you up to 20% of the value of the property.
- The loan is interest-free for 5 years, making your dream home more affordable.
- You then need to secure a 75% mortgage.
There are a range of competitive mortgage rates available with this scheme, so it’s worth comparing lenders to find the best deal. Visit our Mortgage Advice page to find out more or contact us and we’ll book you an appointment with one of our experts at a time that suits you.
Am I eligible?
The current Help to Buy scheme is only open for first-time buyers. There are also a few other important conditions:
- The home you buy must be your only residence.
- The scheme isn’t available for buy-to-let investors.
- The scheme isn’t available to those who will own any other property after completion.
Still unsure if you can benefit from Help to Buy? Just contact one of our experts and they will gladly help you!
What is Shared Ownership?
If you are finding it difficult to get onto the property ladder then Shared Ownership may just be perfect for you! Shared Ownership properties are being built more and more frequently, to help provide and affordable route to home ownership.
Shared ownership is where you buy a share between 25% and 75% of a home’s value and pay rent on the other share. You can then buy a bigger share of the property further down the line if you want to.
Am I Eligible?
To be able to qualify for the shared ownership scheme, you will need to fulfil the below criteria:
- Household income is £90,000 per year or less
And one of the below:
- You are a first-time buyer
- You used to own a home but can’t afford to buy one now
- You are an existing shared owner looking to move
What are the benefits of Shared Ownership?
Stepping stone – the primary selling point for this scheme is that it’s getting you one step closer to owning 100% of a property. You can secure a property you love but can’t quite afford yet, then gradually increase your percentage of ownership further down the line.
New build – shared ownership properties are often in a modern building, meaning they are easy to maintain and built to a high specification. For a first-time buyer, this is particularly comforting as there are fewer wear and tear problems to deal with.
Improved credit score – although there is a small temporary drop in credit score, over time, having a mortgage and paying off your loan have a positive impact on your credit rating.
Reduced monthly outgoings – typically, the combined mortgage payment and housing association rent is less than if you were just renting the same property.
Security – you don’t have a landlord who could unexpectedly end your tenancy, meaning you’d have to move out. Instead you can increase your share in your property at your own pace, knowing that your dream property is already secured.
At Homes Partnership we can assist in offering more advice about Shared Ownership as well as offering individual financial advice to ascertain whether you are eligible. Head over to our Mortgage Advice page or Contact Us now to discuss your options and any Shared Ownership properties we currently have available.
Homes Partnership News
Adam Charlton, Director at Homes Partnership, explains the recent announcement of further changes to the notice periods when ending a tenancy in the UK. The
Homes Partnership has won the Feefo Platinum Trusted Service Award 2021, an independent seal of excellence that recognises businesses for delivering exceptional experiences, as rated
THINKING OF SELLING? THEN MAKE SURE YOU READ OUR FREE TOP TIPS FOR SELLING IN 20201 GUIDE! FREE DOWNLOAD HERE!
Are you thinking about selling your home in 2021? We’ve put together our top 5 house selling tips to help you sell in our post-lockdown
Homes Partnership receives national recognition at the EA Masters 2020 Homes Partnership has attained the high standards necessary to be awarded with the property industry’s most prestigious mark
with our social media channels where you’ll find all our
latest properties, company news and industry trends.
200 million active monthly users is a great way to highlight
and showcase the amazing images we take and highlight
our properties details and character.
stay in touch with HP. We build relationships with our
followers, as well as other businesses and it is a great
sharing forum. As with other social platforms, Twitter
can tempt you to view a property that otherwise you
might have missed via traditional methods.
What is your property worth?
Whether you are just taking the first steps to selling your property or you are ready for photographs, we have you covered! Use our FREE instant online estimate tool or book a face-to-face valuation online to see how much your property could be selling for!