Homes Partnership are proud to announce that we raised £755.60 (including gift aid) in memory of Captain Tom and on behalf on local charity, Crawley Open House!
What did we do? Cycled 100 miles!
Last Friday (30th April 2021), the Homes Partnership team successfully cycled 100 miles in support of The Crawley Open House ‘Hundred For The Homeless’ challenge. Raising money for local charity.
It almost goes without saying that the last 12 months have been enormously challenging for charities, such as the Crawley Open House who rely heavily on donations and the generosity of individuals, schools, companies, Trusts & Foundations, places of worship and other community groups. As you can imagine, they have experienced higher costs and workloads at a time when it has been harder to raise funds and accept donations, as a result of the pandemic.
But despite this, Crawley Open house has remained open, with a full hostel, 4 full move-on houses and almost 100 people temporarily accommodated locally by Mid Sussex, Horsham and Crawley Councils.
No-one locally does more to stand alongside those who find themselves homeless and in crisis, and through this small gesture of cycling 100 miles in one day, we raised vital funds that help ensure that this invaluable work continues.
Here is just a glimpse of the amazing work they do:
· Crawley Open House has been on the front line serving the homeless and vulnerable of Crawley and West Sussex for 26 years. They operate a 24 bed high support hostel, a busy drop-in day centre open 365 days a year, 4 move-on houses and a community outreach team.
· Last year they managed to resettle around 60% of hostel residents to somewhere more appropriate and permanent.
· During this time, they also distributed over 5,100 food parcels to those who needed them, in conjunction with another local charity, the Easter Team.
· The advice and care teams at Crawley Open House help people with housing, practical, financial and health issues every day – last year they had 24,124 individual appointments with those seeking help.
· They are about to start a building project to create a new day centre built around a life-skills and employability workshop for the homeless and vulnerable. They have raised around three quarters of the money required, and are busy fundraising for the rest.
Thank you to all of the donations we received. You are all wonderful!
Copyright © 2020 - All rights reserved | Website by EVOLVE365.com